Monday, September 13, 2010

Public Service Announcement

Happy Monday morning! I'll be back later with a real post, but in the meantime, I have to share this recipe with you guys. 

Our neighborhood block party started at 3:30 yesterday afternoon. As usual, I was scrambling at 2:45 to try and figure out what to bring to the little gathering. After a quick (OK, hour long) run to the grocery, and frantically throwing together dessert, we finally made it to the party at 5:30. Just in time to snag some of the last hot dogs! It was a great time and we got to meet more of our neighbors. Since the only kids we have a fuzzy creatures with four legs, we don't meet a lot of the neighbors. I think the majority of them get together daily at the little park down the street. And since our dogs bark like they are some sort of yeti-yak hybrid creatures around other dogs, we tend to not make it to the park all the time. And, so even though we've lived in our house for over three years, we still only really know the people that are directly next to us. So it was great to meet more people and put a few names with faces!

Aaaanyway, what I really want to share with you is the dessert I made last night. And I don't hvae any pictures of it (I was frantically throwing it together in 10 minutes so that we wouldn't miss those hot dogs), but it was awesome!

Make these before the peaches go out of season! They're pretty much done here, so hurry!!!

Note: I skipped browning the butter (once again, imagine frantic speed baking) and these were delicious. I'm sure they would be out of the world amazing with that additional step. I just didn't have the time.

Peach Shortbread Bars

Enjoy!

P.S. These make an awesome speedy breakfast. Not exactly super health-friendly, but oh well. I'm eating one (or two) of these with my coffee this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment