Monday, July 12, 2010

Red Potato and Blue Cheese Pie

There have been tons of potatoes at the farmers market in the past few weeks. I just haven't been able to resist them. I think we've bought them every week since we first saw them there.


After roasting, boiling, and frying up all the red potatoes we could, we were looking for something a little different to try. And honestly, who can turn down potatoes cooked in cream, covered in blue cheese and baked into a pie?


No one, I tell you no one can resist.


I certainly couldn't.

Red Potato and Blue Cheese Pie
Adapted (only a little) from Smitten Kitchen, originally from Gourmet

I still don't own a tart pan... don't hate. So, I used a pie crust I made a couple of weeks ago and stuck in the freezer. It has been begging me to use it. I really had no choice.

Your favorite pie crust (My current favorite is this one: Perfect Pie Crust from The Pioneer Woman)
1lb Red Potatoes
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 tsp Flour
1/2 cup Blue Cheese
1/2 tbsp Fresh Rosemary
1/2 tbsp Fresh Basil
Salt for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 350. Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes in 2 inces of water. Cook, uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.

In the prepared pie pan, arrange pie slices in concentric circles around the pie pan. Sprinkle blue cheese. Whisk together the flour and cream. Pour over pie and sprinkle herbs and salt.

Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment